Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stronger than Friendship

I beat last year's June texting record by 316 texts. With a collective group effort and massive contributions from various individuals I broke the 3100 set last year by 202 and Katie, and arrived at a sound 3416 texts for March 13th-April 13th. I would like to take this time to thank my mom, my brother, and the peeps from my Chinese class. Thank you. Without you guys, I would never have done this on my own. I now look forward to sometime next year where we can beat the record again. :)

In other news...

... my roommates are awesome. We have all bonded over something that has, time and time again, continued to bring people together. Is it love? No. Is it brotherhood? No. Is it girls? Close. Its Starcraft. That's rights. Its done it again folks. Consider the following exchange.

Me: Austin, what were you talking about?
Austin: Oh, my brother sent me a link to a starcraft 2 beta key.
James: What? You guys play Starcraft?
Austin: Of course, it was like my life in 5th grade.
Me: Yes, in fact, I have it right now in my CD drive.
Austin: I accidentally brought mine.
James: Well, I have it too. And we have LAN. So...
all of us colletively: STARCRAFT PARTY!

And so...a bond was created between men that may last a lifetime. Or at least until we start trash talking each other and kicking each other's butts. I for one, am going to try not having my butt kicked too much.

Austin is a premie and a music major. He seems pretty chill. Always relaxed, always soft-voiced. Kinda like a gentle giant. He's pretty normal except for one thing. He disappears at night for large swaths of moments at a time. He always takes a backpack with him. He's not going to practice his trumpet...because when he does he takes his trumpet case. James says he's witnessed him coming back late at night dressed up as a Crusader.... not like the full gear, but just like a cape here...a gear there. James thinks he might be a larper (which I found out means Live-Action Role-Player...who knew?). But after further consideration, many conversations, and speculation, we've come to the realization that it could only be one thing. He's a superhero. Yes. You heard that right. I mean...the late nights, the cape, the secretiveness, the backpack... it makes sense. Musician by day... SUPERHERO by night. Hopefully, his superhero skills doesn't translate to computer gaming skills.

And James.... what can I say about James? I guess this pretty much sums it up.

(James coming out of his bedroom): I woke up because I sensed people talking about video games without me.

...

:)

1 comment:

  1. I KNEW IT, JAMES IS SO AWESOME.

    Austin must be a Hero. Because according to my books, a Hero is the job advancement after Crusader. AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete