Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Melody in my Head

So I got some spare time to write. And so. I will write. I was listening to some songs the other day. Which I do too often because I feel cut off from the world. But anyway, I was listening, and a song came on that reminded me of someone. I actually have a playlist on my iPod called "Soundtrack of Life". It originally came from a myspace thing where you fill out what songs would make up on a soundtrack of your life. For example, "Breakup Song" or "Character Revelation Song". However, the playlist is made mostly of songs that I think were cool or fit my mood. I want to chat about the songs that actually remind me of people and places.

Song name, Band - memory

Buddy Holly, Weezer - this song perhaps symbolizes the theme song of freshman year. I don't know why I liked it so much. Every time I hear, it instantly calls up memories of chatting in Mike's room, walking slash dancing down the streets of heritage, random dancing in the middle of campus. I can even almost feel and smell Deseret Towers whenever I hear the song. haha. Love that song.

runner-up
2-0-5, Jibjab - Mike and I memorized this song. And sang it constantly. I think this song epitomizes the seriousness with which we took freshman year.

Where is the Love?, Black Eyed Peas - Amy Shah. The first time I ever heard this song was from her xanga. Hearing this song instantly takes me back to 10th grade.
Peaches and Cream, 112 - Amy Shah. even more of a reminder of her than Where is the Love?

Hey Ya, Outkast - for a spanish project, we translated this song into Spanish...and then performed. Also reminds me of PE junior year when the PE teacher said something about shaking it like a polaroid picture. That phrase was so common then.

The Last Thing on Your Mind, Lights - i don't listen to this song that much, because its the song that got me through winter semester 2009. So when I hear it, it reminds me of the crazy days.

Shawty Get Loose, Lil Mama - the first song I really learned for Club Style. So many memories attached to this one. I will remember the beginning of sophomore year, and the year after my mission with this song.

This is my Idea, Swan Princess - Lauren Gardner. lol

The Light, April Meservy - I started playing this song everytime after my companion and I put someone date to be baptized. Later, I got all my companions addicted. I remember, once, we went the whole day only listening to this song. Its been the one song that's been consistently there throughout my entire mission, so it embodies so many good memories. Now, usually I play it when I want to feel good, or right after I get a date with someone I'm interested in. haha.

Holy is the Lord, Chris Tomlin
Forward with Faith, Kim Bracken
When its Time we Arrive, artist unknown
- all these songs remind me of serving out in Price. Whenever I hear them it reminds me of road tripping it up to Vernal and watching the amazing greenery around us. I also usually play Holy is the Lord when I'm contemplating, or right after an exhausting basketball game. its a simple song, but in those moments I feel like I LOVE life, and I just talk to God. I just feel on top of the world, and closer to the spirit and to my mission. And we share inside jokes. haha.
- Forward with Faith reminds me of meadows, fresh grass, and breezy spring mornings.

Casanova, Lights - Jenny Young. i have NO idea why. it just does.

Toxic, Britney Spears
Ocean Avenue, Yellowcard
- high school freshman year memories. freshman year dances, assemblies, innocence, and fun

No comments:

Post a Comment