Friday, August 13, 2010

Another chapter is about to close. Its been two years since the mish and you can't help but feel that this huge door your life is swinging with is about close, swinging on just the tiniest of hinges. Its the winds of change my friend, and I don't even really know what that means. All I know is that is a self-awareness that things are once again changing.

It doesn't help that things are different. Old friends gone, or relationships changed. new strangers, past things dug up. for example, my high school freshman year crush has reappeared on facebook out of nowhere.

Its the realization that where you're at, you're yesterday's news, that a new generation is now capable of replacing you and you're on the way out. When you want the change that is already around you. for example, my single's ward. everyone's married, gone, or moved. All the new faces are much younger and I feel suddenly out of place.

As for BYU, a fresh set of friends are on the chopping block and already on the way out. Have you been counting how many times I've used the word "already" already? The rotation continues. Last year's cast is going to be joined by a new supporting cast for a new season. I can already (there it is again) see the friendships that are fading. Of course, there will be the regulars. It really is like a tv show where everyone is guest starring in everyone else's show.

Naturally, I need to compare this to a tv show then. Mike and I both got into the Office at the same time and we've talked about who would play who (or least who has traces of which character. For example, Katherine is definitely Kelly Kapoor) in our own "Office", which is funny because this is probably the third tv show we've talked about that relates to our lives. We change every season.

But yeah. Here's looking forward to the next year and the surprises that await us. The good thing about this is that our seasons aren't usually ever cut short.





2 comments:

  1. In the Office version of your life, which character am I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. steven, this is exactly how i feel. thank you for writing a post for the both of us. you are such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete