Sunday, August 1, 2010

Comprehensive Retrospective

So. in a few days, I will have been home from my mission for two years. Wow. Its crazy. Its actually felt longer than that, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how I look at it. Looking back, I can honestly say that I had no idea this would be how the first two years after my mission would be like. And its been hard I gotta say. But I've learned a lot of lessons. While I haven't had as many spiritual experiences since my mission I can say I've learned almost as much as I did on my mission. I've built on the foundation that my mission has provided me. Its amazing how much can change in two years. i.e.

- 4 of the top 10 most played songs on my iTunes is now a Lights song. I now listen to her way more than I do BoA and that's crazy in itself. the biggest discovery music-wise post-mish.

- the amount of new friends that I've made both current and already pass (outside of Mike and Luke who I now consider staples to all of my relationships, lol). Dezzy, Becki, Torrey, David Watts, Mark, #202 (haha, Lauren, Ash, Liz, Bre who can forget them?!), Asia (who I met in the terrace of the wilk, weird), Addie (whom I met going to Japanese club), Kazue (who I took to Japanese club), Chinese class (too many to list), Kelsey, Wesley, Hyung, Larissa, Rommel, Tiffany, Katherine, Alex, James, Brittany, Austin, Chase, Lucia, Alejandra, as well as a host of friends on-line at RAF, and LightsArmy.

I've had so many good experiences from going to Taiwan, Arizona, Nauvoo, Rexburg, and DisneyWorld. From getting to meet Lights, to the NBA games, to performing at volleyball games for Club Style. From the classroom and awesome teachers to the rooms of the temples. From volunteering at the food bank to working at the cougareat. From Reynolds to Apollo, to Wyview. From LANning it up on Starcraft to intramural basketball games. From going on dates to see the orchestra in Salt Lake City, to picnics in the canyon, to bowling, to Humor-U, to Owl City. Memories at the Canon Center, at the library, at the Wilk, at the JSFB. Memories of statistic class and of making up names for songs in sociology. i think this list is starting to get comprehensive so...

- flash mob on campus with Asia, and her introducing me to Owl City and specifically, fireflies.
- monkeys, waffle fail, i love you, spatula, bears will hibernate in your symbols of affection, steve is 0ff-line, columbus marco polo and cortez (along with every crazy analogy we've had).
- finding and going to Fort B.A.L.L., "This is my Idea of Fun", singing in the car to Disney songs, all the canon center meals
- Every day in chinese class, "she swam fast and good", You Peng, beer, all the girlfriend stuff, trying to pull pranks on Shalise and failing, singing fireflies on the way back from the Owl City concert .
- Austin and James continually getting mad at each other, Austin being a secret superhero, James trying to teach us a lesson on faith, STARCRAFT LAN and SUPER SMASH BROTHER BRAWL BATTLES!
- all my professors and TA's, honestly, they are so good from Bro Brau who is a pretty spiritual guy, to Ben Gibbs who is such a hilarious person. Even my pretty boring Business 320 teacher. I love them all. I wish i got to know them better. hope it was mutual.

Anyway...too much to list here. I'll probably end up adding to it over time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment