Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cactus in the Valley


Last night I went to the Asian Ward Christmas "Razzle Dazzle". And I went alone. It was the first time in a long time that I had gone alone to a social event. I only go alone to stuff when I know people at the social event haven't known each other yet. But I decided to go. And it was actually really fun. I met a missionary who served in Provo during my time whom I had never met yet. That brought back some mission memories. When I woke up this morning I had the strong yearning to want to serve another mission because of the inherent challenge. Serving another mission would be hard, but that was what made it so appealing. The challenge. The push, the progress to become better. I haven't felt a challenge like that in a long time. But I suppose there is a time and season for everything and right now my challenge, time, and season is post-mish life.

However, I do realize that next semester may be the most challenging in a long time. Not only will I have the heavy classes of C S 142 and chinese 201 (whose workload is twice as much as chinese 102) on top of senior level sociology classes, but I will be taking morning shifts at work. In addition I will most likely be job shadowing pharmacists. I also want an internship (though the likelihood of that winter semester is a lot less likely). This leaves my social life contained to home teaching and church. haha. But I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. :D


btw, the kitteh is random. LOL

2 comments:

  1. The kitty is adorable.

    I know how you feel about next semester. Don't worry. I'll be struggling too. You're not alone :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the verification words. Some are really fantastic. Like comese. Which I just had to do.

    ReplyDelete