Saturday, December 4, 2010

People I Meet Randomly





I have, I would say, a knack for meeting random people. For example, take Asia. How did I meet her? Randomly at the wilk terrace. She was reading a book when I first noticed her. I went to talk to some missionaries and when I came back she was talking to a friend of mine (who in turn I had just met a few days prior). I assume that he was trying to pick her up, but what happened instead was that Asia and I clicked, we ended up chatting, exchanged phone numbers, and the rest is history. Asia is also the person who single-handedly got me to get texting, then single handedly forced me to get unlimited texting. lol. The funny thing is, I never talked to that dude again, but Asia and I remain friends to this day. To that I say, thank you random breakdancing dude. (though no thanks when I was talking to Asia about books he said, "I bet a lot of guys try to pick you up by asking you what you're reading huh?").

Case Number 2. A friend and I went to a Japanese club thingy together. I met Addie on the way to the Japanese event. Somehow, one way or other, Addie and I became pretty good friends while the original friend I went with never really talk anymore. Go figure.

Now this leads me to what happened today. A while ago, a girl added me on facebook. I had no idea who she was. She had no pictures, but we had a lot of mutual friends. I couldn't recall who she was, and since we had a lot of mutual friends I thought I must have met her one way or other. We started chatting a lot on facebook, and just today, she asked me for a ride to wal-mart. So i was wondering if she knew who I was. Apparently, she knew that I didn't know who she was. Anyway, I finally met this girl today. Mystery lady solved.

Sad to say, I don't think we clicked....and I mean, given the circumstances in which we met its understandable.

I look forward to making random friends.

BTW, the picture doesn't have anything to do with anything. I just thought it was kewl. :D

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's so cool. I haven't gotten any friends like that before.

    Very interesting. I remember seeing that picture before. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to realize what I had told you...I figured it out though. And I'm really excited to read it!

    I love the picture, by the way. It's awesome.

    Also, you have so many friends, and you're so good at meeting new people. I wish I was that good.

    ReplyDelete