Sunday, December 26, 2010

Facebook and New YEars

Ah, the wonders of facebook. A few weeks back I was at the Asian Ward Christmas party, the "razzle dazzle". I introduced myself to this guy by saying, "Hey, I'm steven", to which the guy replied, "yes, I know, I've stalked your facebook". To which I was like "0_0 ..... kewl...."

And that's not the first time it's happened. So to facebook, thank you. Thank you for allowing people to know me before they meet me. It allows everyone to become mini-celebrities. lol.

On obedience
- sometimes people ask me how i cope at byu with all the rules. sometimes, people ask me that in general with mormonism. They say we have too many rules. I just say "it's liberating. makes life more fun." they are usually perplexed by this to which I reply "have you ever played a basketball game without rules?" Usually, they get the point then. You get the most done, and you get the most fun when you're obedient as much as you can. It never crossed my mind that it holds true after the mission as well. So here's to some new New Years' resolutions.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes. Resolutions. I have a post coming about that.

    ReplyDelete