Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011


LISTENING TO: Club Can't Handle Me by Flor Rida

winter's left a cover....

Haven't made my new years' resolutions yet. still having them form in my mind, and church today especially helped. I think my emphasis this year will be enhancing and improving everything from last year. For example, I want to fast every fast Sunday (something I've started not doing as much), and I want to start memorizing scriptures again. I also want to write in my journal at least once a week (on top of this blog and a tumblr which I'm probably gonna create soon). Things like that, where they were implied or possible last year, but never mentioned.

The New Year so far as been awesome. Went to a wedding reception turned dance on New Year's Eve. It was fun because it felt like a private event and we were all wearing formal clothing, but at the same time, dancing very actively. haha. I didn't know anyone there except my friend who invited me. Towards the end, when there weren't that many people there we ended up dancing all over the place instead of just the space cleared as a dance floor. It was cool to just be able to let go with a bunch of strangers. Though I did meet this one girl from Luthebridge. She was pretty cool, and at the end of it all she wanted some of the flowers from the tables. I ended up asking the groom's father if I could have some of the roses and gave them to her. One of the least expected, yet satisfying things I've done in awhile. I'll never see this girl again, and I don't even know if she'd want flowers without a vase, but hey, it's the thought that counts right?

Today was a good sunday. Went up and bore my testimony. I think it's been months since I've done that. Kinda sad really. Then home taught my awesome home teachee. Then I went to the airport to pick up Miranda and hung out with her at her place until about 10:30. Her and her roommate are some of the coolest girls I know. haha. Miranda has the funniest comments at the most interesting times. I'll have to remember them sometime and quote them.

So so far, 2011 has been bomb.

1 comment: