Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interesting Day

So. Interesting day. ...

I went to check out the Folk Dance thing because a friend of mine asked me to go, and someone said they needed guys. BUT, when I showed up there were more guys than girls, and there were sooOO many people that they had to form two circles. CRAZY!

So I left that and went to Circle K's opening thing since I thought I'd give it another try. It was cool. Met a lot of people. Definitely not the same as Key Club in high school, but met the Lt. Governor for the San Bernandino section, Lucia. She was really kewl, and I think we clicked really really fast. She seemed nice enough and we were like best friends by the end of the meeting.

Then I go back down to check out folk dancing, and started chatting with this...really talkative girl. We started talking about how kewl folk dancing was, and we laughed and stuff and she was really easy to talk to (though she had like three guys swamping her at random moments throughout our conversation...and they were real touchy....)

Anyway, she thought I should really try out. Unfortunately, I had missed the practice, but she told me that I could probably audition to get into one of the Folk Dance feeder teams (smaller teams that graduate into the elite International Folk Dance company), and that I would probably have a chance at performing Chrimstas Around the World come December in the Mariott Center. I was really skeptical because those were really really good dancers. So she came with me to the ballroom to talk with the registration people, and they sent this really nice guy out to teach me some stuff.

Apparently, if you're a guy, its REALLY easy to get in. He taught me some steps, the director dude came out, and basically said, "you're good to go". hahaha. Unfortunately, I couldn't because I really didn't want to drop my classes in order to be at their practices. They were nice about it, but I guess they really need guys cause they told me that I should drop that class, and even after I told them no, they gave me their number just in case I changed my mind.

however, I will do it next semester, and I will watch this year's Christmas Around the World to see just what the world I'm getting myself into.

I never got that girl's name. dang it.

6 comments:

  1. this is what i call "una oportunidad perdida" or better say ,you missed your chance! but maybe you will find her on campus, is not that hard. :) be positive! jia you! (that's what the characteres mean)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh XD you are so mean. you couldn't care less. haha, well is not like you want to be a professional dancer, do you?
    It wouldn't be a bad idea, i love how you dance, it's hard :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah it's a nice tv show, except for some parts, i don't usually watch it, but anyway. i used to. Mission huh? and why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh my dear friend. What else could I be talking about? The gospel is my life, makes me who I am. :) and besides I always wanted to be a missionary. :)

    But I still talking about my stuff there too. Thanks? No need :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I'm happy you say I sound as a missionary, it is my goal to grow closer to God. I need Him in my life, He makes me see everything in a different way.

    Yeah, that's why it's call bad haha, but according to her there's no bad nor good. :) as many people believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I know. Sounds really silly to say there's no bad or good in life. I'd dare to say it's an example of relativism, which at the end makes them arguments of apostasy like the old times. How satanic it is once you analize it, the same argument used by Korihor “… and whatsoever a man did was no crime.” (Alma 30:17.)Which at the end states the only important thing in life is to do what you want to do—if you can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete