Sunday, September 13, 2009

Who is the Answer?


So I wrote this poem as a way of reflecting exactly what my feelings were at the moment and how others must be feeling. Basically, I tried to envision what it was that ordinary people that I thought of were desiring. It's not completely edited yet and its written in lyrical song format. I had two answers in my mind to the question posed in the poem as I wrote it.



August 16th, 2009



Been moving so much, that it’s becoming hard to keep in touch

With whom I am because ends of me are scattered in different places and friends, and see

if,

you have different identities because with everyone you act differently,

Then who are you really in the end when you’re reflected in people you see endlessly?


Is this

the meaning of forever? Being connected individually together?

I feel like a feather in the wind, free-flowing, not knowing where I may rest in the end,

But if they,

say when you lose yourself you find yourself, then isn’t the key to discover

Who you really are inside by being lost in the discovery of others?



All I mean is this,

I just want to mean something,

To someone somewhere

to matter while here.

For isn’t that our biggest dream?

For someone to care,

or always be there?


So this is the question,

Who is the answer?



Even though I’m used to me, it’s hard to think who I used to be.

Is the world changing or is it just the way I look at it that’s rearranging?

Or both?

Can I still be myself without ever interacting or

is the meaning of being human interacting with other human beings?



Who am I really?

I just want to mean something,

To someone somewhere,

To matter while here.

Isn’t our dream the one and same,

For someone to care,

Or always be there?


So this is the question,

Who is the answer?

Who is the answer?



All I know from learning in the end is this,

Understanding who you are is half the happiness.



I just want to mean something,

To someone somewhere,

To matter while here.

Isn’t that our one shared dream,

For someone to care,

Or always be there?


Maybe its in myself

To change and to try

To feel more alive.

and maybe its me as well,

To see someone else,

And be there to help.


So this is the question

Who is the answer?


7 comments:

  1. To be afraid of failing isn't a very nice feeling, but I think I have learned from it :)

    And btw you know I always said you were smart, I keep saying it now. You are smart, I read your poem, it was nice to read, and kind of hard to understand...sometimes I lose myself in the lines then I keep track of it again.
    All I can say is you are a very talented man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, it's a song written by someone else. I cannot even write a verse. U.U but I'm ok with it, I was never too good in literature, but yeah the lyrics are amazing.

    Well, then you should listen to your words and apply it to yourself. Keep yourself motivated, there's no reason why you shouldn't. If there's no motivation, then you start getting depressed, others get annoying. Idk :)
    But yeah, I agree w u. U are smart. (*.* i'm jelaous :P haha jk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, peru's rain at least in Lima, is nothing compared to Provo's. But the weather is always changing and I think that's the reason why I got sick >.< and I couldn't go to my chinese class.

    Yeah! Chinese class is sooo fun! I love it! And I'm glad I finished my first year and now I'm going for the second! hoho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, pride is a damning sin. And yes, I think it's one of the big destroyers of people. How pride destroyed nations before, and it's funny how we are fast to recognize the proud but we do not see the mistakes we are making, we do not see how pride is affecting our lives. And I think pride has taken part of almost everyone's lives at least once.
    And yes, because of it, the evil will be teasing us because he wants us to fail again, and it'll be hard not to fall again, but yet again. If we have God in our side, there's nothing to lose, nothing to be afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to learn how to go to a market...and buy food. XD...it's pretty basic..:( i know).
    And yeah! I loved the quote by Brigham Young, it made me think a lot of stuff. And families are very important to me. :)

    Thanks for the wishes, I am getting better.
    For sure, my professor will have ME next class :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah, that's not what i want people to focus on, :P but thanks ! and it's just the program, it makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had conference today!!! it was just for peru! it was awesome! I'll write all about it later !!! I love this church :)

    ReplyDelete