Thursday, January 21, 2010

Press Forward Saints

Life has been bumpy recently. It always takes me a few weeks before I readjust. This is the time when things all seem to rush at once, weaknesses are exposed, and opportunities failed, and when I usually feel the most worthless. It doesn't help that on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am utterly tired from exhaustion from lack of sleep and hunger ( I don't have time to eat cuz I'm at school by 9 am and don't get a real break until 5 pm).

The last week has been a huge slump. Aside from the fact that school work continues to way me down, other things are going crazy.

To tell the truth, its just been a really hard semester so far. Sometimes I wonder why life has to be so hard. And I wonder why I have to go through this. Then I remember things like how awful the devastation is in Haiti. I remember my blessings. I still have so much.

At the same time, its hard to relate to that kind of disaster. It seems so distant. My own life seems like such a difficult trial in itself. Its time like these that its good to know that God lives. And to know that I know. That He loves me. For all my craziness. For all my imperfections. Its ok. It doesn't help that I feel like a failure at so many parts to life. But then I remember to press forward. To keep going. Everything will be all right. It always is.

We signed up for this in the pre-mortal realm. We wanted to come down here. We knew it was going to be hard. I can't be a pansy now.

I think the uplifting song that suits the moment is How Firm a Foundation. especially:

Fear not, I am with thee, oh be not dismayed,
for I am thy God, and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause to thee to stand.
upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

The soul that on Jesus, hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I cannot desert to His foes,
that soul, though all hell, should endeavor to shake.
I'll never, no never, i'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, forsake.

3 comments:

  1. I will not doubt, I will not fear; God's love and strength are always near.
    His promised gift helps me to find an inner strength and peace of mind.
    I give the Father willingly my trust, my prayers, humility.
    His spirit guides; His love assures that fear departs when faith endures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yeah, only 3 guys I think are cute. So only 3 guys on campus are cute for me. haha

    ReplyDelete