Monday, January 4, 2010

1st day of school.

Well, its been interesting. To say the least. I feel pretty accomplished for the 1st day for some reason.

I'm dropping M Com 320, and moving on to something else. There are NO girls in there. Not that that is why I'm dropping the class. 40 guys. haha. 2.7 / 5


History 202 is very interesting because its in a room in the Maser building that feels harry potter-esque. The instructor has this really high pitch screechy voice and it felt like he was getting hoarse by the end. The class is a block class...odd, and it seems like it will be a LOT of reading. a LOT. ugh. at least the professor is pretty interesting. Class seems fun enough. 3.4 /5

teacher: How did the west rise to power? Can anyone offer, in one single sentence, an explanation?
student: Secret combinations.

haha.

Chinese 202. what can i say. it was so funny because everyone of us who knew each other, which was like 12 of us, all sat on one side of the room, while all the new kids sat on the other. I mean, it was a pretty distinct line of separation, except for two girls who came in late, and the one girl, Spring, who sat behind me.
Everyone seemed like their normal selfs, Cate and Lyz began making fun of me right off the bat, we applauded Sorah when she came in on time, Christian was his normal self, we missed David, Gong lao shi, and Daphna and the rest of our class, and Spring actually fit herself right into our group almost seemlessly.
Met some of the new kids in class. they seem awesome.

Cate: I missed you guys!!
Me: Whoa. that's weird. I thought Spring said that. I was like....
Cate: ..and I was your chinese girlfriend.
Spring: Wait. You thought I said I was your chinese girlfriend?
Me: Ok. I'm just gonna stop and shut up now.

haha.

I'm going to try and mingle tomorrow with the other kids. i suggested it today...but no one really wanted to. haha

hung out with Sorah and her friends afterwards. they are really kewl.

then..dinner with esther and katherine. And Katherine got hyper. I don't know what it is about that girl, she makes me mad everytime i see her, we always end up yelling at each other, and deciding not to speak to each other. Sheesh. of course, it lasts only a few days. and it won't help since we want to take a religion class together next semester. ugh.

anyway, tomorrow is the second half of the first day. let's see how this goes...

2 comments: