Friday, March 12, 2010

Its That Time of Life

I was talking to Mike the other day. Or was it Lyz? I can't remember. But anyways. I was talking when I realized when I would get married. Or at least, when I would start feeling the urge to get married. Because right now, I just feel pressure to date and get a girlfriend. And I'm dating, so that's no problem. But I'm not in the mindset yet to be married. Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to it. I'm preparing myself now in every way possible for the day to arrive. I'm organizing my finances, trying to return to a decent level of intelligence, getting healthier and more fit, taking more hobbies, learning to serve my sister, doing the spiritual needs daily, working harder. But I don't feel my time is yet soon.

However, I know when I will be more ready. When my guy friends start dropping like flies. AKA, getting married. And like how it is with many things, the signs of the times are already beginning to show. This year, an unprecedented amount of my friends are hooking up and tying the knot. Its crazy. Its like everyone just decided to at the same time. Its ridiculous. Its like there are new engagements every week. First one of my best friends, Katie, got hooked up, and then engaged. That put a dent in everything. Next, Dezzy became taken. Then I just felt stranded. Luke and Ash hooked up, Mike went on a dating stint, Park got hitched. Then Breanne's missionary came home, and now she's got a ring on it.

A bunch of my freshman year guy friends are now either in a relationship or married. Following that, a series of mission buddies tied the knot. The latest in this craze has been Heather and, just found out today, Becki.

As a result of all this, the average age of my friends has suddenly dropped by 2 years. Its no wonder I keep hanging out and dating sophomores and freshman. Everyone else gets married! Am I missing something here? I mean, the last girl I took on a date barely turned 18 four months ago. oh dang.

Those are the signs of the times my friend. And so, I know, when Mike and Luke are walking out of the temples with their eternal companions, and my next to closest buds are asking me to help with their engagements, I'll know its time. Then maybe I'll turn to my freshly turned 18 year old girlfriend and think, "let's do it to it".

3 comments:

  1. Steven, I love you. :)

    Also, Park's married?! When did that happen??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny Deeba...

    Unfortunately...I might end up doing the same thing...

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cough cough...sorry. :)

    It's okay, you'll marry a freshman and she'll drop out of school and have all your cute little Asian babies. It will be glorious.

    ReplyDelete