Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March MADNESS 2

I've learned two important lessons recently.

1. There is a time and season for everything. God is the caretaker, He knows what He wants me to be.
2. Sometimes, I ask, "why do you cut me down? I am doing splendid, and all I want to do is the right thing, why do you do this to me?" when I need to say, "Thanks God for loving me enough to hurt me". Refer to Hugh B. Brown's short talk "The Currant Bush" for the full story.

March has been a tough month. I've trudged through this semester slowly, and it was all good till March slapped me in the face with a fly swatter. A really big one. Now, my reward I'm going to give myself for a job...sorta well done, is the Owl City/Lights concert on the 12th of April. Actually, forget Owl City, the only person I'm waiting to see and meet is Lights. haha.

Two Finals tackled, 3 more to go. Here is the final stretch!


I've heard a quote that goes something like this... "friendship is like a train. you ride it, and get off at your stop". which means that with some friendships, its not meant to last. I thought that was ridiculous, but now I think some ways its true. I think relationships can be eternal, but sometimes it can't be helped. relationships fade. even the strongest of relationships disappear not because it was bad, but because life happens. And I'm sure in heaven, things will be different. Looking back at my entire life, I can't say I've grown up with a few best friends. None of my best friends now were even known to me 5 years ago. My close friends last year are no longer close friends this year. And its been the case year after year, especially with female friends so I can't say it won't be different next year. Sure, the Big Three will be intact (though how long that lasts perhaps we'll never know, "but I do know, here today, that the Black Knights will emerge victorious once again." - quote from Independence Day), and sure, there have been friendships retained from last year and years prior, Katie, Ash, Asia, Kelsey, Erin, Larissa, but the fact remains that the majority of people I met last year I only see once in awhile or on facebook.
The friendships I thought for sure would translate over to this year have dissolved (though again, not for any bad reason). However, it does make for every year to be interesting. Mike and I discussed this before, its like a TV show or Harry Potter. We got the main group, and then we have a revolving door of supporting casts and guests every year. So we shall see...as always.

Reading this makes me seem like some kinda lone wolf forever consigned to rove here and there. I guess it does sound a bit depressing, but I've had good times and I personally am not too bothered by it. Despite the transient state of my friendships I don't treat them as something trivial. However...this maybe the reason I've accumulated friends on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment