Saturday, September 4, 2010

A New Plan

So I have a plan. And its going to be interesting. But I'm excited for it. Here goes.

I will graduate between 1 1/2 and two years from now. Most likely Winter semester 2012. I will then go and work for my father's friend over in Taiwan and helping him with his restaurant. I'm hoping to just learn the ropes and perfect my Chinese skills. All I want while I'm there is to learn and a place to live. That's it. It will be a challenge, but I'm willing to do it for a year or two.

Then I will return to the U.S. and evaluate my options. I will see if I still want to go into Pharmacy for graduate school (which is my plan right now). Or I can see if I can get an MBA. Or I can go ahead and work for a business working in China. Seeing as how I know some people who can use my skills (and experience by that time), and because I served for them as a missionary (lol) I think I can find some relationship that is useful.

The only thing I can't figure is where marriage would fit into my plans because it would be too inconvenient. :/ My wife would have to live in a foreign place (if she's not from Taiwan), and be dragged through my time in earning experience with Chinese and business. Then I would move back and either be wherever pharmacy wants me, or wherever business would let me. If I married someone from Taiwan, then they'd have to be willing to move to America or wherever I can go. .... Inconvenient all around. I suppose I could get married around 28 (which is when I plan to be more settled and be back in the U.S.) or later when I'm more settled into a career.

Anyway. I guess we'll just see.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to Taiwan also! I hope my Chinese will be good enoughs.

    ReplyDelete