Saturday, February 19, 2011

When Circles Collide

Oh no. Don't tell me that another round of engagements is happening... Wow. It's crazy. That's about three now (Dezzy just got engaged o_o). This might sound mean, but there were two people that I was wondering when they would get married. Euseung Park, my mission trainer, and Desiree Gahr, my good friend from back home. And now knowing they're both gonna be married?? Mind = blown. Am i getting that old? How many real life single friends will I have left?? AH!~ Ugh. When I go back to my single's ward I will have no one to hang out with. AH!

But that's now what I want to address today. I just wanted to say quickly, I'm always so distraught over those moments when you show up at a social gathering and you have different sets of friends wanting you to hang out with them. Who do you hang out with? The first answer is "all of them", and it's usually not too difficult when your friendship with some groups of friends are closer than others. But WHAT if you're equal closeness with all of them? And when you hang with one group you feel like you're betraying another. GAh. Then you wonder if you've somehow lessened the importance of your friendship, but you don't want to ask. When different circles of friends collide it's always kinda stressful for me.

I guess that's why I dislike birthday parties. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still unengaged so don't worry :)
    And I know how you feel...it's a hard balance to strike.

    ReplyDelete