Monday, November 23, 2009

Grateful

I'm grateful for the little things ya know? I mean, like, muffins. And starcraft. And zombies. I'm grateful I can be better lovers with them than with my own eternal companion. Dang. BTW, I want the jewels of Pizarro. HAha.


Anyway. I'm also grateful for the lessons I've learned from this past year. Here's a quick summary.

Charity - to love someone despite how they act towards you back. Sure, its easy to love those who love you, but to love those who hate you? Now, that's the next level. Thus, charity.

Cross the River - sometimes, we hate change. The saints probably did when they crossed the Mississippi leaving Nauvoo. But they did anyway, looking with hope towards the future. That's what I need to do.

Have I done any Good in the World Today? - I always need to look out for service. Its a powerful antidote to solve your own problems.

Take it as a Challenge - I love challenges. When there's a trial, I know God wants me to learn something from it. I need to see it as such because often times I wallow in self-pity.

Worth - everyone has worth. We have infinite potential with unchanging worth. Worthiness is a different thing, but we will always have great worth in the eyes of God. So press forward!

Integrity - the virtue that leads to many other virtues.

God will Provide the Strength - I've asked, and He's given me the opportunities. How successful I am depends on if I capitalize on those opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, muffins :)
    these are good lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...the zombies...

    This post makes me look like...well. A bunch of garbage.

    ReplyDelete