Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Future Wifey?

So. everyone always remarks about how I will end up marrying a cute little chinese/asian wife someday. I find that interesting. Especially because in my 23 years of existence on this earth I don't ever remember dating a Chinese girl.... so... maybe I should get on that huh?


Anyhoo, Larissa reminded me that I did indeed post the lyrics to Lights' Quiet before. And now I post my response.


Response to “quiet”
January 5, 2010

Here we sit, uncomfortably,
What would you have me believe?
So will you stay or will you leave?
I guess the choice is ours.

The sun will set, eventually,
Indigo eternity,
On endless sea, with you and me,
But will we choose the stars?

Destiny is what we make it,
Choice is ours, so don’t delay it,
Fate is nice, but unrelated

So I’ll be choosing,

Charity is real forever,
You and I, should be together,
Night will come, as sure as ever

But I’ll be choosing, just you…
Just you…

Regretfully, you had to see,
Not the best side or part of me,
I offer my apologies
You caught me unprepared

You loved me, and I liked you,
But shining lights confused my view,
and though I grew, was still a youth,
To you it was unfair…

Destiny was what I made it,
Choice was mine, but I delayed it,
Path was clear, but I debated,

But who I’m choosing

Wish I could, punch a dial,
Turn back time, to stay awhile,
Change the past, or pass the trial

But who I’m choosing, is you

(I can wait a thousand hours,
Stay the same in sun and showers,
Pick apart a hundred flowers

Just to be quiet

Tell me when you feel ready,
I’m the one, there’s not too many,
Hold my hand to keep me steady

Just to be quiet

With you….

With you….

With you….)

3 comments:

  1. :) You mentioned me on your blog. Now I FEEL important. XD. Well if you don't feel like marrying a Chinese girl, then don't. Keep dating WHITE! XD hahah. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you went on a date with a half chinese girl, does that count? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty cool right? I just loved it. That poem is simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete