Monday, February 22, 2010

I feel like my blog is now being increasingly filled up with spiritual thoughts. I don't know if that's what I intend to do with this blog. But it's all good. Besides, its not like my life is all that amazing. I haven't had a date in 3 weeks, and I still don't know what I'm doing with that. I am the only one holding myself back, and I haven't quite figured out what I'm afraid of. I guess I should go back to looking for adventures huh? It hasn't been quite the same since freshman year. So I will go back to my adventure seeking.


As that's being done, I'll just share another spiritual thought.

"But behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; " Doctrine and Covenants 9:8-9

If we have a question, we need to ponder it in our minds, pick the choice, and then go forward. If it is not the right choice, God will not let you get too far in that direction if you keep your ears open, and your heart contrite. Often, we feel like we know what is best, and then follow our own choices hoping God "will consecrate thy performance unto" (2 Nephi 33:9) us. We should remember that it is by grace that anything happens, after all we can do (2 Nephi 25:23). If we want something to happen, we go and do it. We are free to act for ourselves and not be acted upon. If something is not how we exactly like it, it is not the world's duty to change for us (and it could hardly care). We CAN go out there and change things, and in the least, change our perspectives.

Of course we sometimes have to change and do things without having a perfect knowledge of things. But we can have faith in God that He does and, at appropriate times, will show unto us what He sees if we ask. "Therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true" (Alma 32:21). Sometimes we are paralyzed by what the world might see of us, or what others might think of us. But seek first the kingdom of God, and everything else will fall into place. Even if others might misunderstand us, we need to try and only assume the best in others.

Remember this, God has the canny ability to make weak things become strong. If we have a weakness we can change, which is the beauty of the message and power of the Atonement. Moroni was scared that the Gentiles would mock the things the Nephites were writing and say they had poor writing skills, that their writings might be weak. But God said:

"if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. " Ether 12:27

We all have weaknesses, but God said if men would humble themselves in their weakness and in reading the Book of Mormon, then he will reveal the strength of the book, and make the weak thing become strong (the book of mormon). However, it also means that if we have a weakness that God can turn that into a strength. And that is a pretty good miracle in itself. The only ingredient is that we have to choose to be humble and come unto Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I'll go on an adventure with you!

    Also, thanks for the rest of your post. I really needed to read that.

    ReplyDelete