Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sheng Ri

So. It was an interesting set up leading up to yesterday. In Chinese class, we do skits. We used to do them every Friday, but we do them more rarely now thanks to some people in class who get their opinions heard more (not pointing any fingers though I doubt they know who they are). So Lyz texted me Thursday and told me a plan she had. Shalise's birthday was the next day, and she wanted me to surprise her with donuts at the very end of their skit.

So Christian and I went and got the donuts, then a card, and debated on how we should sneak them into class without her noticing. We thought they would be practicing their skit right outside of class so we decided to go around. However, Lyz had decided to lead Shalise out of the way to practice and we nearly ran into them trying to go around. We nearly defeated ourselves. Anyway, we hid the donuts under Rebecca's jacket and then snuck them into class. I wrote on the birthday card while I sat directly behind her. haha. at the end I came into their skit as the waiter, and brought out their "order", which turned out to be the donuts. we sang happy birthday and surprised her. She said she had no idea why Lyz wanted her to stay up in front of the class after they had finished performing their skit. haha. It was fun.

Anyway. That was not what I had intended to write. lol.

As I sat in the testing center today I was reading Ether 12 trying to get my daily fix of scripture as it is nearly my life source (if you want to know why I'm so happy nearly all the time, that's the secret) before I wasted away. Anyway, I got to Ether 4 and a thought came to me. Maybe this is why I'm so nice. The scripture says

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glofity God."

As strong as my optimism is, and as much as every comments on how nice I am, I think the hope in me resonates just as strongly. As much as I get depressed or start despairing there is something in me that never gives up despite the odds. I'm always holding on to hope. I'm not sure how strong my faith is, but i know when my hope starts to wane, my faith does to. In this light, my hope maybe one reason I'm stuck on doing good things for people. I mean, nobody knows how many times I've been shot down, rejected, or destroyed. And it hurts. Yeah, I can get sad too. For days, even for weeks. But I always bounce back.

1 comment:

  1. I love Ether. It's my favourite book in the Book of Mormon.

    Can you have favorites? Am I going to get in trouble for this?

    ReplyDelete