Thursday, July 30, 2009

California YSA

I think its crazy how the Church is using modern technology to rally the singles in California. The statewide Cali YSA conference is two days and from their twitter site, it looks like 8,000+ singles are attending with more than 41,000 temple ordinances already performed. I was excited, then crushed to discover that the WArped Tour on Salt Lake would be the same day. I finally went ahead and decided to do what I knew I should do. i found out a bit later that the only artist I wanted to hear wasn't even performing in Salt Lake anyway. haha. good one.

I'm hesitant about what this will be like. Mostly because its never been done before and I don't really know what to expect. I almost don't want to go for some odd reason, but i do.

Looking at their website seems like they're very connected with the singles with facebook, twitter, youtube, and a blog all running and going with videos availabe and tweets constantly updating. crazy.

speaking of temples, went to the Taipei, Taiwan temple. It was awesome as always. And awesome to hear everything in another language. aw yeah. haha


Crazy fact.

You know, I was always surprised to \discover kids who were LDS that I never even considered before, like the half-asian cheerleader at my high school who took me by surprise when my friends told me she was actually LDS. no clue.

Anyway, here it is, there are about 9600 singles in California in YSA wards. Add those in family wards and you get almost 13,000.

Those are active.

There are, in addition to the nearly 13,ooo active singles, about another 59,ooo less-active singles in California. crazy~

No comments:

Post a Comment