Friday, October 9, 2009

Tender Mercies

First of all, I'd like to say how grateful I am for the Lord's tender mercies. As I've gone through life's trials, and especially going through the mission, I've realized how much the Lord loves me because He gives me trials. I've come to the point where if I'm feeling particularly sucky, or stressed, or overwhelmed, I just sit back, be humble, and try to figure out what I need to learn, and/ or try and wait it out. I love challenges in a weird way. It makes me a better person by far. Still, its not easy to have to go through them.

My curse and blessing is that because I really do love people, and so my greatest trials come from relationships. But the Lord always manages to cheer me up and give me a ray of sunshine admist the storm often through someone else, whether an old friend that just felt like randomly texting me, or strangers saying hi and being friendly. I'm ever grateful for these little things and its amazing how strong and powerful they can in changing my mood.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that, Steven. Goodness knows I need to hear that with all that's going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when people talk about God! It's true what you say. Thanks for that posting, Steven.

    ReplyDelete