Friday, October 2, 2009

Quiet

i'm not yours, and you're not mine,
but we can sit, and pass the time.
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes,
we're just feeling fine.

This is where we're supposed to be,
sitting by the broken tree.
No tragedy, no poetry,
just staring at the sky.

I can wait a thousand hours,
stay the same, in sun and showers,
pick apart a hundred flowers,

just to be quiet.

Tell me when you feel ready,
I'm the one, there's not too many,
hold my hand, to keep me steady.

Just to be quiet,

with you-oo-oo
with you-oo-oo



Click it here, beside you dear,
you're even more than you appear.
And in the clouds, my head is clear
every time you say hello.

Here's my heart, and here's my mouth,
and I can't help if things come out.
Cause there are words I want to shout,
maybe I'll stay low.

I can wait a thousand hours,
stay the same, in sun and showers,
pick apart a hundred flowers,

just to be quiet.

Tell me when you feel ready,
I'm the one, there's not too many,
hold my hand, to keep me steady.

Just to be quiet,

with you-oo-oo
with you-oo-oo



- Lights

6 comments:

  1. nice lyrics ! :)
    haha cooking yeah, that's a nice one, i want lo learn how to cook bao zis :P hahah i love bao zi..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the people who tried my dish said it was really good, and I hope you try it some day. If I cook in Provo, I will invite you some so you can try the taste and know by yourself, it is good :D hahah. Promise haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! I love parties haha. So you know how to cook?? I'm impressed, xian sheng.

    Btw, I loved the first session of General Conference...I have so much to write about it already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! conference is the best! I loved the talks by Ann Dibb and President Monson. and there were other talks I liked too! Can't wait for afternoon session.

    Yes, the choir is excellent. They sing so beautifully, I wish I could be there ! :)

    ReplyDelete