Sunday, October 18, 2009

What goes around comes around

So. My social life continues to tick back up to what it was formerly. However, I also realized that the near one month social drought has to be seen as another challenge Heavenly Father gave me.

I mean, it never occurs to me that these hard times are just like the challenges I faced on the mission. It never occurs to me that sometimes, God allows different challenges to come at me from different directions. But then I realized, "hey, if God loves me enough and trusts me enough to give me this challenge, then bring it on!!!" I LOVE challenges. And from that view, I can take it.

Except...now that I am going to overcome it, God will allow something new to come at me. ...and then I'll wallow around a bit before I come to the solution.

But I think its funny how that part of my rescuing of my social life is being done by my converts and their friends. I have 4 of them in my ward. And they are awesome. I love them so much. I love seeing them grow.

Today, one of them was telling everyone that I was the missionary who taught her, and another girl was like "oh! and he's Shan's missionary too!" and I'm like "you guys really do love me!" haha.

But yeah. I think its such a great joy. I love it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment