Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Life is like Basketball

So the following post will be heavily basketball oriented and is relatively useless. I love basketball. I wish I could say it was my life, but its not. Haha. Nevertheless, besides God, family, and music, basketball has always been there for me. In a way. I've said that if basketball were a girl I'd have no problems marrying her. But then, Bre reminds me that she'd be taller than me. No problem if she doesn't care. Haha. Of course, that's a foolish notion, but the passion and devotion is something I would love to give to one girl. But anyway, this is getting weird...back to the original thought.

My original thought was this. I love how I get to points where I feel like I've reached the epitome of my basketball skills. Like I think, "this is it. I can't be faster, stronger, or quicker. And of course, I can't get any taller. :P" . But as I've grown (uh..age wise, haha) I always surprise myself by how far I've still progressed and still can progress. Compared to just three years ago I'm quicker, faster, better conditioned, and stronger. Perhaps more than that, I'm smarter. Even with this ankle injury that still refuses to heal I feel like my game is better than ever. I'm excited to tell you the truth. I wonder where I'll be in three years. My mom warns me that if I want to teach my sons basketball I better take care of my ankle. And Mike reminds me that age will catch up to me sooner or later. Maybe later since my dad was still pretty good at 48. If nothing else, my face will catch up later. LOL.

But equating that to life and, especially, the Gospel, its amazing how much we can grow and continue to grow. I love it! Nowhere did this become more apparent than on my mission. There were times when I honestly thought "how much more is there to life and the Gospel?" and after awhile, after what feels likes a spiritual plateau, God blesses me and I rocket off again. Life is good. +)



Side note: Add another one to the friend's list who has left Utah. AH!~ Everyone's dropping like flies! Its like Boston playing without Kevin Garnett. The Big Three is still strong, but without Luke, we're hurting bad! Losing Bre and Katie is like losing players to injury. Given enough time they will come back fully ready to go. :P

1 comment: