Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Experience

I had the opportunity to go to the Utah Valley Hospital (i think that's what it was called) and help administer the sacrament to a girl in our ward who is extremely ill with a certain type of leukemia. Jessica Albsher I think is her name. And I couldn't help but feel the Savior's love for her as I stood in that room and contemplated the implications of the whole scene. I just felt again and again "He loves you so much!"

Charles and Cameron were with me and we had a good experience. Jessica's parents were there, and there were flowers, cards, and balloons. Her parents had flown from New York and were going to stay with her indefinitely. I was so grateful for the Atonement and the love God and Christ had. I felt only a sliver of it.

I don't know why she has that trial. Honestly, if someone could transfer the trial to me I would say yes (and then only after realize the severity of it), but we all have our own challenges to pull through for whatever reason. Who knows what that reason is? Sometimes its hard for me to be happy when I realize the entire suffering of the whole world and I feel like I shouldn't be happy. But I also know that we each are given life's experiences and if we do our best, no one is cheated from blessings.


On another note, I want to stay in Utah so bad. I feel like there isn't much for me back home. The four years I've been away from home have strained my friendships back home not because we aren't friends but just because time and distance just naturally decays them. But I have to go home. There's still things waiting for me. =)

BTW, the drive up to Heber is SO pretty!!







My friends thought I was crazy for wanting go live here, but I want to retire in Midway. haha

but alas, the video does not to it justice.

BTW, the Jurassic Park theme song just happened to be playing while i was taking this video. haha

2 comments:

  1. Steven, you're great. Just so you know.

    P.S. Her name is Jasmine. I think her last name is Albers (or something like that. I should know what it is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you follow me now! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete