Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Drizzle

It's an odd feeling not to have an appetite. That although your stomach protests and gurgles and pleads to be fed that you have absolutely no desire to ingest anything. The whole process of eating becomes such a laborious and mechanical chore that you would rather not do. Its almost as if every flavor and taste has been muted by half a shade.

That's how I feel right now. I eat to nourish my body so that I don't get dizzy spells. Most of the time, I just ignore the hunger because eating leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This after affect of sickness is really interesting.

In other news, Lauren and I went on a library book hunt to find my books. I did find The Host and Luke brought my Ender's Shadow. While on campus, I had the desire to join the freshman in what seems like a seasonal ritual of learning campus building names and going through pleasantries. I decided I too wanted to be a freshman and so whenever we would pass by someone I would say something like,

"Oh how I cannot wait to eat at the Cougareat!"

or

"I'm just so excited for class to get started, I want to sit at the front of every row".

Ok. Lauren suggested that last half of that one, but needless to say, she found it all very amusing. I suggested we find a pretty freshman and offer to explore the vast complex of the building that is the Wilkinson Center with her. Well, for Lauren I suggested a boy, but seeing as how 202 has a pet peeve for younger guys....hahahaha....




On a separate note... few things feel as sweet as a beautiful stranger standing next to you and delaying with things so she can continue standing next to you. It's almost like an unspoken friendship is born through muted attraction without either of us uttering a word. haha.

oh and btw, Lauren, Luke, and I went to the farmer's market. fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment